Creating and managing custom production workflows is simple. We'll show you how.
What's a workflow?
A workflow is a series of steps or tasks required to complete a job/production. InkSoft allows you to build custom production workflows that can be assigned when creating a job.
Creating Production Workflows
To create a new production workflow:
- Click Preferences from Production
- Click Create New
Create New Workflow
- Status: Active means the workflow will be available for use. Inactive means the workflow can be created and saved, but will not be available to use when creating a job.
- Name: Enter the desired name for the job.
- Avatar: Select an avatar to represent the workflow.
- Define the stages for this workflow: Click the Create New button to add Stages or steps, statuses or milestones within the workflow. A stage will indicate where a job currently is in the workflow process.
When creating a new stage you will input a name, and select a color to represent it.
- Click the Create button
- Your stage will now display within your workflow list
- Click Edit Pencil to change your entry and/or the Trash Can to delete
- You can drag and drop to sort your stages
You can edit, mark as inactive, or delete created workflows. You can find these settings under:
- Click Preferences
- Click the option icon next to the workflow you wish to modify
For your convenience, you'll see how many stages and open jobs are in each workflow.
NOTE: If you elect to delete a workflow and it is assigned to open jobs, you will be required to move the jobs to an active workflow -- we'll take you through some simple steps to help in this process.