Real-time pricing for shoppers using your UPS account
After entering the UPS account credentials, you will be required to fill out the UPS invoice information for the following fields in order to continue:
- Last Invoice Date
- Last Invoice Number
- Invoice Control ID
- Last Invoice Amount
Creating a Shipping Method with Real-Time Rates
- Click UPS Accordion
- Click Shipping Method
- Click Add New Shipping Method.
Fill out the following information (Below is the most important information needed for this method to be active for your shoppers):
- Name: The name of the new shipping method (example: to school name)
- Production Time: Number of days required to process orders
- Days In Transit Min: The minimum number of days required to transport the shipment
- Days In Transit Max: The maximum number of days required to transport the shipment
Note: Process days added to the min/max shipping time will be the estimated shipping time (business days).Ex. 7 process days and a Min Transit of 3, Max Transit of 5, would give an estimated shipping time of 10-15 days.
- Active: Allow customers to use this Shipping Method
- Sort Order: The order this shipping option will show up in the shipping list on the cart
Note: Most business owners choose to display shipping methods in order of least to most expensive.
- *UPS METHOD: This coincides with your Account Credentials. This has to match with the method you want to pull for pricing (i.e. Shipping Method Name is Ground - You will want this to be UPS Ground)
- Store: Assign this shipping method exclusively to any single store or all stores
- Permitted Shipping Destinations: The first 4 are allowances. You are allowed to ship to unknown addresses, residential addresses, commercial addresses, and PO boxes (recommended to have all 4 checked)
- Click Save
Successfully Created a Shipping Method
After you create your shipping method(s), it will appear as seen below. To manage the newly created method(s):
- Click the Method Name to edit (opens up the settings/form as seen above).
- Click on the Trash Can to delete a method.
NOTE: InkSoft utilizes real-time rates that we negotiated on behalf of our customers. These rates are automatically applied to your account once you have successfully configured a real-time rate integration. There are no other actions needed to be taken to get the real-time rate pricing.