In this guide, we'll walk you through everything that is new in SalesDoc!
What is SalesDoc?
SalesDoc represents a two-year investment in the most significant update to the InkSoft platform in our 13-year history. Think of SalesDoc as the behind-the-scenes technology engine that powers the data and features related to orders and invoices.
Now that you are in the new version of our system, here is a breakdown of what’s new:
- Significant speed improvements throughout the application
- All-new Reporting workspace
- More robust sales tax features powered by TaxJar
- Quantity discount support in invoices, quotes, and InkSoft Proposals
- All-new abandoned shopping cart user interface
- More intuitive quantity discounts ($ per unit instead of fixed cart $ discount)
Improved taxation settings powered by TaxJar
More accurate tax-rate lookups
- By integrating with Taxjar we can now provide rooftop-accurate rates, which means that sales tax calculations are based on your customer’s state, county, city, and even district.
New Publisher Taxation Settings
- Taxable Locations
- Add in the address information for the states where you collect tax. Taxable locations can be customized at the store level to ensure proper taxation.
- Taxable Stores
- Assign and edit the taxable locations assigned to stores, or mark a store as tax-exempt.
Set Specific Product Tax Overrides using Tax Categories
- Assign product-specific tax categories at the product level to charge a different tax rate based on the product.
- As an example: some areas may tax differently for Youth apparel. You can use Tax Categories to be sure that the appropriate tax would be applied in that situation. You can click the View Tax Category List link to see a list of all TaxJar Tax Categories.
Harmonized System Codes (HS Codes) have been removed
- To make the transition to Tax Categories easy you can assign Tax Categories in Bulk from the Manage Products interface. Simply search for an HS Code and then apply the necessary Tax Category using the bulk actions.
- Help Guide: Taxation in Sales Doc
- Help Guide: Product Tax Categories (Admin Portal)
- Help Guide: Product Tax Categories (Store Admin)
All-new Reporting Workspace
We have rebuilt the entire reporting interface from the ground up. We have introduced 8 default reports that can be viewed in the browser or downloaded as a CSV. A Default Report can be edited and saved as a Custom Report for later use. Customizing a report includes the ability to hide and show different columns (data points), combine like data into row groups, maintain applied filters, as well as sort order.
Please note: Pre-Core order reporting data will need to be viewed from the Legacy Reports section using the Simple Order Report and Simple Order Items Report (this will show any orders prior to Core opt-in for legacy users).
We have also made some adjustments to a few aspects of pricing that may need to be adjusted:
Margin-based Pricing Rules have been removed
- Any products that had a margin-based pricing rule applied have been updated to a fixed price that equals the amount of the previously applied pricing rule.
Updates to Quantity Discounts
- Qty Discounts are now supported within Proposals, Quotes, and Invoices
- Dollar-based discounts will now apply to each unit as opposed to being a lump sum discount based on the quantity as a whole.
All-new Abandoned Shopping Carts Section
- Abandoned Carts have moved and are now visible within the “Stores” Section
In an effort to boost performance and streamline our infrastructure, we made some adjustments to our API for SalesDoc. If you are using any of our APIs be sure to review the list of calls that have changed so that you can make the necessary changes in your application. If you are not using any of our APIs you can ignore these changes.