Point your Go Daddy domain to your InkSoft site.
GoDaddy is one of the largest Website Domain providers in the country. Many InkSoft users buy their domain from GoDaddy and here is a guide on how to set it up for use with your web store.
NOTE: GoDaddy updates their user interface often so, the exact route and verbiage for buttons may have changed. The goal is to get to the DNS management page for your custom domain.
- Get signed in to your GoDaddy account.
- Once signed in, click Domain on the top right side
- Next click on the domain you wish to change
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Select Manage DNS
To edit the records, click on the pencil icon shown in the screenshot below.
Important: Use only one of the two methods below (DNS A Record Change or CNAME Change). Using both A record and CNAME for the same domain can cause routing issues.
Option 1: DNS A Record Change (for non-www domains)
- Where it says "Host" - enter @
- Where it says "Points To" - enter 220.127.116.11
- Click Save
- Note: if you see an A record with a data description of "WebsiteBuilder Site", you will need to reach out to GoDaddy Support for assistance in modifying/updating the record
Option 2: CNAME Change (to be used for www forwarding OR a subdomain)
The Host field will be whatever you want. This is entirely up to you. Some examples would be shop, design, order, homepage, etc. Remember, this is what will be BEFORE your custom domain (ex.shop.customshirt.com). Next, enter stores.inksoft.com into the Points to field. Leave the TTL as is and click the Save button.
Make sure to FORWARD after CNAME Change
- Scroll down after updating CNAME to forward to the 'www' version of your domain, example:www.domain.com
- Be sure to change the FORWARD TO dropdown to https://
Please note- changes can take up to 24-48 hours to propagate within the system. To learn more about Propagation, click here!
Next Steps - Installing an SSL Certificate
Now that you have the basic connection establish between InkSoft and your domain provider, we can move onto the next step: installing an SSL Certificate. This is imperative to do as it will ensure that your customers know that the page they are viewing is secured and safe. And it's completely free! Check out the next guide below to complete that process.