Real time pricing for shoppers using your UPS account
Note: For integrated shipping, you will need UPS account number, Access Key and UPS.com account login information.
To find your Access Key and Account Number Click Here.
Setting up UPS
To get to your Shipping Settings click on:
- Hover over Settings
- Hover over Shopping Cart Settings
- Click on Shipping
To add UPS as a shipping account:
- Click on the drop down "Select Shipping Account" - Select UPS
- Active: Check Yes to make this shipping option available in the shopping cart
- Sort Order: Here you can choose the order in which shoppers will see your shipping carriers and methods available (Example: you can make Pick-up display first, UPS as the second options etc...)
- Automated Integration: Check Yes to use your UPS account credentials to generate real-time shipping rates.
- Full Price Control: Allows you to print your shipping labels via the order manager using your UPS Account credentials. Along with price flexibility! Looking for Full Price Control? Click Here.
- Click Save
Account credentials you need:
- UPS Account Number
- UPS Access Key
- UPS Account Username
- UPS Account Password
- Split Large Shipments: This will allow you to create multiple packages once a maximum weight becomes present
Note: This feature is LEGACY ONLY. This setting will not be used in the new Order Manager (Beta)
- Label Format: Select one of the files for your printable shipping labels GIF, JPG, PNG, PDF, EPL2, SPL, ZPL, and STAR
Side Note: We recommend clicking 'test' to ensure that you've successfully entered the correct UPS credentials - This will give you the following methods that you can create/are available within your UPS Account.
NOTE: Not all 4 pieces of account information may be required every time. This is dependent on UPS and what they require.
UPS Accounts That Use Invoices for Payment (for BETA users only)
If UPS sends you invoices so you can pay for the account, then you will need to complete this extra step in order to authenticate. After entering the UPS account credentials, you will be required to fill out the UPS invoice information for the following fields in order to continue:
- Last Invoice Date
- Last Invoice Number
- Invoice Control ID
- Last Invoice Amount
Creating a Shipping Method with Real-Time Rates
- Click UPS Accordion
- Click Shipping Method
- Click Add New Shipping Method.
Fill out the following information (Below is the most important information needed for this method to be active for your shoppers):
- Name: The name of the new shipping method (example: to school name)
- Production Time: Number of days required to process orders
- Days In Transit Min: The minimum number of days required to transport the shipment
- Days In Transit Max: The maximum number of days required to transport the shipment
Note: Process days added to the min/max shipping time will be the estimated shipping time (business days).Ex. 7 process days and a Min Transit of 3, Max Transit of 5, would give an estimated shipping time of 10-15 days.
- Active: Allow customers to use this Shipping Method
- Sort Order: The order this shipping option will show up in the shipping list on the cart
Note: Most business owners choose to display shipping methods in order of least to most expensive.
- *UPS METHOD: This coincides with your Account Credentials. This has to match with the method you want to pull for pricing (i.e. Shipping Method Name is Ground - You will want this to be UPS Ground)
- Store: Assign this shipping method exclusively to any single store or all stores
- Permitted Shipping Destinations: The first 4 are allowances. You are allowing to ship to unknown addresses, residential addresses, commercial addresses and PO boxes (recommended to have all 4 checked)
- Click Save
Successfully Created a Shipping Method
After you create your shipping method(s), it will appear as seen below. To manage the newly created method(s):
- Click the Method Name to edit (opens up the settings/form as seen above).
- Click Trash Can to delete a method