Real time pricing for shoppers using your FedEx account
For integrated shipping, you will need Fedex account number and Meter Number.
To find your Fedex Meter Number Click Here.
Setting up Fedex
To get to your Shipping Settings click on:
- Hover over Settings
- Hover over Shopping Cart Settings
- Click on Shipping
To add Fedex as a shipping account:
- Click on the drop down "Select Shipping Account" - Select Fedex
- Active: Check Yes to make this shipping option available in the shopping cart
- Sort Order: Here you can choose the order in which shoppers will see your shipping carriers and methods available (Example: you can make Pick-up display first, Fedex as the second options etc...)
- Automated Integration: Check Yes to use your Fedex account credentials to generate real-time shipping rates.
- Full Price Control: Allows you to print your shipping labels via the order manager using your Fedex Account credentials. Along with price flexibility! Looking for Full Price Control? Click Here.
- Click Save
Account credentials you need:
- Split Large Shipments: This will allow you to create multiple packages once a maximum weight becomes present
- Label Format: Select one of the files for your printable shipping labels GIF, JPG, PNG, PDF, EPL2, SPL, ZPL, and STAR
Side Note: We recommend clicking 'test' to ensure that you've successfully entered the correct Fedex credentials - This will give you the following methods that you can create/are available within your Fedex Account.
Creating a Shipping Method with Real-Time Rates
- Click Fedex Accordion
- Click Shipping Method
- Click Add New Shipping Method.
Fill out the following information (Below is the most important information needed for this method to be active for your shoppers):
- Name: The name of the new shipping method (example: Ground Home Delivery)
- Production Time: Number of days required to process orders
- Days In Transit Min: The minimum number of days required to transport the shipment
- Days In Transit Max: The maximum number of days required to transport the shipment
Note: Process days added to the min/max shipping time will be the estimated shipping time (business days).Ex. 7 process days and a Min Transit of 3, Max Transit of 5, would give an estimated shipping time of 10-15 days.
- Active: Allow customers to use this Shipping Method
- Sort Order: The order this shipping option will show up in the shipping list on the cart
Note: Most business owners choose to display shipping methods in order of least to most expensive.
- *Fedex METHOD: This coincides with your Account Credentials. This has to match with the method you want to pull for pricing (i.e. Shipping Method Name is Ground - You will want this to be Ground Home Delivery)
- Store: Assign this shipping method exclusively to any single store or all stores
- Permitted Shipping Destinations: The first 4 are allowances. You are allowing to ship to unknown addresses, residential addresses, commercial addresses and PO boxes (recommended to have all 4 checked)
- Click Save
Successfully Created a Shipping Method
After you create your shipping method(s), it will appear as seen below. To manage the newly created method(s):
- Click the Method Name to edit (opens up the settings/form as seen above).
- Click Trash Can to delete a method