Creating a New Product - Not from Supplier Product Feed
If you need to add a product that is not available in one of our supplier product feeds, such as a promotional product like a mug or tumbler, you are able to load that product in manually following the steps outlined below.
We always suggest checking out our supplier product feeds first before creating your product from scratch.
Navigating to Add New Product
- Hover over Products
- Click on 'Add New Product' to expand the menu
- Click on 'New Product'
Adding a New Product
Add your required fields to get started:
- Product Name - this is the public name of the product.
- Supplier - You select from the list.
- Manufacturer - You select from the list.
- Sku Name.
- Manufacturer Sku Name.
- Product Description - We suggest copying and pasting this information from the supplier/manufacturer website for ease. This box supports HTML coding.
- Store search tags - important for searching products.
- Save your changes
Be sure to enter the following options:
- Enter your sizes and weights (required - Weights pull for shipping).
- Make sure your Product is Marked Active (Published) under the Store and Category Assignment section.
- Make sure your product is assigned to a store and a category.
General Tab: Continued
Be sure to review the following options:
- Options - These are product specific options and are able to be set in bulk from manage products
- Personalization Options - Allow for team name and number printing on blank products - Custom Personalization is available for pre-decorated or static products only
- Printing Capabilities - Assign your decoration method (screen or digital print) and the appropriate print grid. Default grids will always automatically apply to your products.
- Choose your product minimum - This is only needed if you are enforcing a higher than the store minimum on this product. For example, if your store minimum for screen print is 12 pieces, but this product has a 24 piece minimum, you can designate that in the minimums section.
Colors and Images Tab
The Colors and Images Tab is where you add your Product Colors and corresponding product images.
- Name Your Color.
- Set your color to Active so it shows up on the live site.
- Set the Primary Color, this will show as a product color swatch to the customer on the storefront. Secondary Color is optional.
Uploading Product Images
- Click into the box that corresponds with the product side you want to upload the image for.
- Upload your image after you have selected your side. (Images must be 500 pixels tall by 500 pixels wide - otherwise they will end up skewed and distorted. PNG file format is best.)
- Click 'Add New Color' to add additional Color Styles and repeat the steps outlined above.
- If you have a number of colors to upload, you can make use of the bulk upload feature located next to the 'save' button. To learn more about bulk uploading, click here for a detailed walkthrough.
- Be sure to Save your changes.
You will need to add your own pricing for your new item.
- For this item, we will use a fixed price. We have included additional resources at the bottom of this walkthrough regarding product pricing.
- You will want to type into the 'supplier cost override' field for the product cost, the customer or retail price will be entered in the 'fixed price' section.
Print Regions Tab
Add your print region/decoration space for your item. Our item only includes a front.
- Name your Region. (This is viewable by your customers.)
- Select Your Width from the dropdown list.
- Enter your Height.
- Click 'Draw Region' to place your print region on the item, you are able to scale the print region on the product at this time.
- If you need to add an additional print region - left chest for example - click the + sign and repeat the steps above. You may add up to four print regions per product side.
- 'Print Widths' allow you to view and delete existing widths.
- 'Add a New Print Width' will allow you to add in a custom print width if needed.
Advanced Tab - Optional
The advanced tab allows you to enable optional inventory controls as well as your
Google Product Feed information and Shopworks product settings.
- The stores tab allows you to control product colors at the store level.
- Choose your store from the drop-down on the left, you are able to click on the product color to remove the green box, this removes the selected color from the storefront.
- You are also able to set products to featured in this space
- The SEO Tab allows you to control your Search Engine Optimization information at the store level for the product you are editing.
- You can edit the page title, keywords and page description from this tab.