How to create, upload and edit contacts within Business Tools
This section of Business Tools allows you to organize and create contacts for your Invoices and/or Quotes. You also have the ability to bulk upload contacts from an Excel File.
Navigate to Business Tools>Contacts>Manage, you will then have the following search criteria:
- Filter: Filters include Contact Type and Status. Select the desired filter(s) and select the criteria from the secondary drop-down. Click the apply button to generate results.
- Contact Types include Client (Contact has placed a frontend order), Prospect(Contact has not placed a frontend order), Vendor, Employee; Other; Unspecified.Status includes: Active and Deleted.
- Search: Enter a search value and hit enter / return on your keyboard to find results.
Editing a Contact
Once you have filtered and gotten your results, you have options on how to edit the contact.
- Delete - Deletes contact.
- Dowload CSV List - creates a EXCEL CSV file of current contacts.
- Dowload CSV List With Address- creates a EXCEL CSV file of current contacts with an ADDRESS.
- Download XML List - creates an XML file of current contacts.
- Download XML List - creates an XML file of current contacts with an ADDRESS.
- Upload Contacts - Allows you to bulk upload contacts.
- Edit Contact - Click on the name of the contact to edit.
Contact Detail Screen
Once you click on the name of the contact to edit, you will be able to add additional information.
- General - General information regarding the contact.
- Addresses - Add additional addresses for the contact.
- Notes - Include notes regarding the contact.
- Activity Log - This is a log of actions taken on the contact account.
Bulk Uploading Contacts
You have the ability to bulk upload contacts into Business Tools.
- Upload Contacts: Select this action and click apply.
- Upload your contacts: Please see the file formats and structure highlighted below. Opt-in to email marketing (optional). Send Welcome Email: This will send a Welcome email to each new contact with their login / account credentials.
- Save: To complete the process, click the save button.
Creating a New Contact
You can also individually create new contacts instead of bulk uploading in Business Tools.
- Navigate to Contacts
- Create New
- Contact Information - Enter in all pertinent information for Contact
- Save - Save contact information.