Real time pricing for shoppers using your USPS via Stamps.com account
Note: You can use USPS as the shipping account without integrating your account settings. You can always set up your own pricing structure if you do not have an account with Stamps.com.Setting up USPS through Stamps.com
To get to your Shipping Settings click on:
- Hover over Settings
- Hover over Shopping Cart Settings
- Click on Shipping
To add USPS via Stamps.com as a shipping account:
- Click on the drop down "Select Shipping Account" - Select USPS via Stamps.com
- Active: Check Yes to make this shipping option available in the shopping cart
- Sort Order: Here you can choose the order in which shoppers will see your shipping carriers and methods available (Example: you can make Pick-up display first, USPS as the second options etc...)
- Automated Integration: Check Yes to use your USPS via Stamps.com account credentials to generate real-time shipping rates.
- Full Price Control: Allows you to print your shipping labels via the order manager using your UPS Account credentials. Along with price flexibility! Looking for Full Price Control? Click Here.
- Click Save
Account credentials you need:
- Split Large Shipments: This will allow you to create multiple packages once a maximum weight becomes present
Note: This feature is LEGACY ONLY. This setting will not be used in the new Order Manager (InkSoft Core)
- Label Format: Select one of the files for your printable shipping labels GIF, JPG, PNG, PDF, EPL2, SPL, ZPL, and STAR
Creating a Shipping Method with Real-Time Rates
- Click USPS Accordion
- Click Shipping Method
- Click Add New Shipping Method.
Fill out the following information (Below is the most important information needed for this method to be active for your shoppers):
- Name: The name of the new shipping method (example: to school name)
- Production Time: Number of days required to process orders
- Days In Transit Min: The minimum number of days required to transport the shipment
- Days In Transit Max: The maximum number of days required to transport the shipment
Note: Process days added to the min/max shipping time will be the estimated shipping time (business days).Ex. 7 process days and a Min Transit of 3, Max Transit of 5, would give an estimated shipping time of 10-15 days.
- Active: Allow customers to use this Shipping Method
- Sort Order: The order this shipping option will show up in the shipping list on the cart
Note: Most business owners choose to display shipping methods in order of least to most expensive.
- *USPS METHOD: This coincides with your Account Credentials. This has to match with the method you want to pull for pricing (i.e. Shipping Method Name is Priority - You will want this to be Priority Mail)
- Store: Assign this shipping method exclusively to any single store or all stores
- Permitted Shipping Destinations: The first 4 are allowances. You are allowing to ship to unknown addresses, residential addresses, commercial addresses and PO boxes (recommended to have all 4 checked)
- Click Save
Successfully Created a Shipping Method
After you create your shipping method(s), it will appear as seen below. To manage the newly created method(s):
- Click the Method Name to edit (opens up the settings/form as seen above).
- Click Trash Can to delete a method
NOTE: InkSoft utilizes real-time rates that we negotiated on behalf of our customers. These rates are automatically applied to your account once you have successfully configured a real-time rate integration. There are no other actions needed to be taken to get the real-time rate pricing.
Additionally, FIRST CLASS mail has a 13 oz weight limit. This option will not display if the cart has items that exceed that value. This method should be used in conjunction with Priority Mail or another service, otherwise, your customer may not have any shipping options to choose from.
NOTE: Something to keep in mind is that when you get a full ShipStation account, you will also get a stamps.com account. This will make the integration even easier if you use that service.