Search Engine Optimization for Starter Theme
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is the process of maximizing the number of visitors to a particular website by ensuring that the site appears high on the list of results returned by a search engine. It’s an organic marketing technique, and the listings usually show up beneath the AdWords ads when you do a search.
- Hover over Marketing
- Hover over Advanced
- Click SEO
- Select Store
- Click/ Filter by Pages to enter in SEO criteria
- Enter Page Title (70 Characters)
- Enter Page Description (140 Characters)
- Enter Page Key Words
- Instruct web crawler to NOT index this page will tell search engines to NOT consider the page in search index.
NOTE: Google can and might ignore this. Google has the ability to override and crawl on any page.
- Click Save
NOTE: InkSoft will automatically generate Page Title, Description and Keywords per each store/page created.
You can filter by specific pages under different sections of your site. Products, Brands, Custom Pages etc. From those sections you will have numerous pages to choose from.
After optimizing your site and overriding your Page Title, Description and Keywords you can click on View Page. This will take you directly to the page you edited, opening in a new window to help organize yourself.
Looking for further information?
SEO has changed a lot over the past 10 years as Google’s refined their algorithm to make it harder to “game the system.”
This means that SEO is not an overnight process. It’s a technique that grows over time. Anyone that tells you they can get you on to the front page of Google quickly either doesn’t know what they’re talking about or they’re trying to scam you. (Or they’re talking about AdWords, where you can pay for a first-page listing).
It’s a good idea to have at least the basics of SEO in place so that your website can begin gaining traction on Google. Even if you don’t have a blog (blog articles are the main channel of building up your Google ranking!)
- Details as to what is paid and what is organic listings in Google : Paid vs. Organic
- Buffer’s SEO Guide (Beginners Guide to SEO) : Beginners Guide
- Search Engine Journal's SEO Guide (Complete Guide to SEO) : Complete Guide
- You can use Google Keyword Tool to look up your keywords for your business. You can also utilize this tool to look up what others are using in your area/industry : Keyword Planner