Quickly and easily create and schedule jobs.
What's a job?
A Job consists of two main things:
- Production card(s) - A job is a logical grouping of designs, products, and orders that need processing. Production cards are the building blocks of a job. They provide a flexible way to visualize and organize work that needs to get done.
- Workflow - A workflow is a series of steps or tasks required to complete a job/production. InkSoft allows you to build custom production workflows that can be assigned when creating a job.
How to Create a New Job
Select Production Cards
The first step in creating a job is to select the production cards you wish to include in a job.
InkSoft provides two important ways to visualize and organize production that needs to be scheduled.
This feature allows you to easily sort/filter to visualize production cards by design, order, product, or all open. This is useful in creating jobs and scheduling production based on a relationship level.
Filter results allows you to filter production cards by Store, Ship/Organization, Pickup Date Range, Payment Status, and Manufacturer.
Click Create Job
After selecting the desired production cards, click the Create Job from the action menu.
NOTE: The action menu appears only if one or more production cards are selected.
Complete the Create Job Form. The job form includes the following:
- Workflow: Select the desired production workflow to assign to the job
- Job Name: Assign a name to represent the job
- Schedule Date: Assign a production date to the job
- Job Notes: (Optional) Here you can input any job notes that are useful/relevant.
Click the Create Job.
NOTE: Job notes are internal and cannot be seen by the shopper.
NOTE: Once the Job has been successfully created it will be accessible from Jobs within your navigation header.