Point your Go Daddy domain to your InkSoft site.
GoDaddy is one of the largest Website Domain providers in the country. Many InkSoft users buy their domain from GoDaddy and here is a guide on how to set it up for use with your web store.
NOTE: GoDaddy updates their user interface often so, the exact route and verbiage for buttons may have changed. The goal is to get to the DNS management page for your custom domain.
- Get signed in to your GoDaddy account.
- Once signed in, click Domain on the top right side
- Next click on the domain you wish to change
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Select Manage DNS
In row marked "A" go to the edit pencil and click it.
In row marked "CNAME" for 'www' (or the preferred subdomain), go to the edit pencil and click it
Use only one of the two methods below (DNS A Record Change or CNAME Change)
Option 1: DNS A Record Change
- Where it says "Host" - enter @
- Where it says "Points To" - enter 184.108.40.206
- Click Save
Option 2: CNAME Change (to be used for www forwarding OR a subdomain)
- Where it says "Host" - enter www (or preferred subdomain)
- Where it says "Point To" - enter @
- Click Save
Make sure to FORWARD after CNAME Change
- Scroll down after updating CNAME to forward to the 'www' version of your domain, example: www.domain.com
- Be sure to change the FORWARD TO dropdown to https://
Please note - changes can take up to 24-48 hours to propagate within the system. To learn more about Propagation, click here!
Next Steps - Installing an SSL Certificate
Now that you have the basic connection establish between InkSoft and your domain provider, we can move onto the next step: installing an SSL Certificate. This is imperative to do as it will ensure that your customers know that the page they are viewing is secured and safe. And it's completely free! Check out the next guide below to complete that process.