Use our new report builder to quickly customize and generate reports.
Important: Core Reports is Only available to customers who have upgraded to Sales Doc
Table of Contents:
- Core Reports Section
- Default Reports
- Report Detail View
- Custom Reports
- Manage Columns
- Row Groups
- Row Group Aggregation
- Export Reports
- Related Help Guides
Core Reports Section
Navigate to the Core Reports section by either using the Primary Navigation Drawer  when viewing other Core sections or via the InkSoft Core dropdown menu  from the Admin Portal.
Note: All user accounts with the Store Fulfillment Admin permission can access, modify, duplicate, and/or create Reports.
- Core Primary Navigation Drawer
- Admin Portal > InkSoft Core dropdown menu
You can tailor the default reports to show the data that you want. You can filter their data, edit their columns, and select different time ranges. You can also export your reports for analysis in spreadsheet programs.
- Order Summary Report: 1 row per Order. No product-level data is included.
- Order Detail Report: 1 row per Order, per SKU, per Color, per Size, per Personalization.
- Stores Report: 1 row per Store. No Order level data.
- Sales Report: 1 row per Order, per Transaction.
- Product Ordering Report (SKU): 1 Row per SKU per Style per Size.
- Product Ordering Report (MFG SKU): 1 Row per MFG SKU per Style per Size.
- Product Detail Report: 1 row per SKU, per Style, per Size, per Order, per Personalization.
- Tax Report: 1 row per Store Jurisdiction.
- Gift Certificate Report: 1 row per Gift Certificate.
Report Detail View
Below is an overview of the different components and features available when viewing a Report.
- Report Tab Bar: You can have multiple reports open at one time using the tab bar
- Click the Report Dashboard Icon or the (+) action to open a new report
- Reports with unsaved changes will display a blue dot to the left of the report name
- Report Name: The name of the report you are reviewing. If viewing a custom report, there will be an action menu available to rename or delete the report.
- Favorite Toggle: If a custom report, you can Favorite the report so that you can find them easily for future use from the Custom Reports List found on the Reports Dashboard.
- Report Search: This will search all data within the report. Regardless if the column is visible or not.
- Export CSV: Select this action to export the report to a CSV file
- Save As: This will allow you to save the report as a Custom Report
- Save Report: This will overwrite the current report with the latest changes you've made either by adjusting the columns, filters, and/or sort order.
- Date Range Select: Reports with a date range will typically default to the last 7 days. Use this to select another date range pre-set or enter a custom date range.
- Columns Panel: Displays all of the available columns that can be viewed in the report. The order of the columns from Left to Right is also reflected here. All columns will be active by default.
- Row Groups Panel: Drag groupable column labels to this panel to create Row Groups.
- Values Panel: When using Row Groups, drag column labels into this panel to use aggregation functions such as sum, min, max, and avg to populate the group row with values
- Filters Panel: Displays all possible data fields that can be used to filter the results
Default reports can be customized and saved to create a custom report. This allows you to load your saved reports quickly and export the pre-formatted data to a CSV file, saving you and your team time.
1. Select a Default Report
2. Modify the default report by adding filters and/or editing columns
3. Click Save As
4. Enter a Report Name
5. Click Save Report
6. Saved Custom Reports will show in the Custom Reports list on the Reports Dashboard
Custom Reports are visible to all User Accounts who have access to Reports
Custom Reports List
Custom reports that have been created either by you or other users will show here. The list is sorted by default by the report that you viewed last.
The list consists of the following columns:
- Favorite Toggle: Click to mark a Custom Report as a Favorite
- Name: The name of the report
- Created by: The user who created the report
- Date Created: The date the report was created
- Last Viewed by Me: The date you last viewed the report
Favoriting a Report
Mark Custom Reports as a Favorite so that you can find it easily for future use. To favorite, a Custom Report, click the Star icon next to the report name from either the Report Dashboard or from within Report itself in the report header.
Favorites are user-specific, meaning only the reports you favorited will show as a favorited report when you are signed into your account.
Custom Report Quick Filters
From the Report Dashboard, you can filter the list of Custom Reports so that you can quickly find the report you're looking for.
The Quick Filter options are below:
- All Reports: Shows all custom reports that have been created by you and/or other users
- My Favorites: Only show custom reports that you favorited.]
- My Reports: Only show custom reports that you have created.
You can add and remove columns in most reports to show more or less information than is shown by default.
- Open a Report
- Click the Columns tab from the Right Panel
- To Hide a column, uncheck the box to the left of the desired column heading label
- To Add a column, check the box to the left of the desired column heading label
- Use the Column Header Action Menu to access column-specific features such as pin, auto size, reset, filters, as well as hide and show.
Columns can be moved in the table by dragging the column header with the mouse or through touch to the new location.
Pro Tip: Save Time with Custom Reports
If you want to save the filtered report for future use then click Save as, enter a name, and click Save. You can then open your report from the Custom Reports section on the Reports Dashboard.
Add one or more filters to your report to show the specific information you need.
- Open a Report
- Click the Filters' tab in the Right Panel
- Expand the property you like to filter by
- Select Filter Criteria
- Multiple Filters can be applied at once
Pro Tip: Quick Filter Menu
Access the quick filter menu from the Column Header Action menu
If you don't want to use a filter anymore, then you can remove it. When a filter has been applied, a filter icon will display to the right of the column label that is currently being filtered and the Filters Applied Banner will display.
- Remove All Filters
- Open a Report
- Add a Filter
- Click Clear All action in the Filters Applied Banner
- Remove a Single Filter
- Open a Report
- Add a Filter
- Click the 'Filters' Tab from in the Right Panel
- Properties with a Filter applied will have the following icon to the right of the label
- Expand the property options by clicking on the Label
- Click the 'Reset' action
- Setting a Date Range
- For most of your reports, you can select a date range for the data that the report shows. For example, you can choose a narrow date range for a focused view of orders over just a few days. Or you can choose a wide date range for a big picture of the orders that you've received over the whole year.
- When viewing a report that has a date range applied you will see the following information shown below the report name:
- Selected Date Range Preset: Typically defaults to the Last 7 days
- Start date: Date picker showing the beginning of the date range
- End date: Date picker showing the end of the date range
Pro Tip: Filter Indicator
Columns that have a filter applied will have a filter icon to the right of the column header label.
Row Groups allow you to combine data between rows based on the chosen column. In the following example, the data is grouped by Store Name > Manufacturer Name > Product Color. Note: that not all columns can be used to create a Row Group.
Create a Row Group
- Click the Columns tab in the Right Panel
- Drag the column label you want to group the data by into the Row Groups Panel
- You can drag multiple labels into the Row Group panel to create nested groups
- Nested Groups are based on the sort order of the labels within the Row Groups Panel
Remove Row Group
To remove a Row Group, click the 'X' action next to the label you want to remove from the Row Group Panel.
Row Group Aggregation
When using Row Groups, aggregation functions can be applied to some columns to populate the group row with values. Built-in aggregation functions are sum, min, max, and avg.
1. Drag the column label you want to aggregate to the Values Panel
2. Each Row Group will apply the specified aggregation formula and display value value
3. Nested Row Groups will also apply the aggregation formula and display a value
Note: The available aggregation functions will be dependent on the selected field.
How to export a report to CSV?
- Open a Default or Custom Report
- Click the Export CSV action in the Report Header
- Select the save destination, using the system file browser
- Click Save
- CSV file will be downloaded
What data gets exported?
- Only visible columns and rows will be exported. Hidden columns are NOT exported
- Exported CSV will follow the current column order and sort order applied
- All pinned rows are exported
- Grouped headers and column headers are exported
- Row Groups will be exported regardless of whether groups are open in the UI
What data doesn't get exported?
- Hidden rows are NOT exported
- Row group footers will NOT be exported
Related Help Guides
To get Order data for Orders placed prior to your Core opt-in date you must use the following simple reports:
The following reports will no longer be available once you upgrade to Sales Doc:
- Orders Report
- Sales Report
- Product Ordering Report
- Personalization Report
- Production Detail Report
- Discount Report
- Gift Certificate Report
- Store Commission Report
- Fundraiser Status Report